How many times have you stood in your kitchen wishing you could make something quick and easy to satisfy your chocolate cravings? Raw snacks are essential for having on hand when following a raw food lifestyle. Knowing you can happily and healthily “indulge” your tastebuds and sweet cravings once in a while in delicious treats makes this lifestyle rewarding.
When you discover this mouthwatering raw vegan fudge recipe that is raw, is made with organic almonds, raw coconut oil, and unsweetened carob or cocoa powder… You will begin to wonder how it is possible to have all these healthy ingredients in such a great tasting snack.
These raw food recipes are the kind of recipes I love.
Why? Because out of all the diets around the world, the healthiest and longest lived people with the lowest rates of disease all have one thing in common…
Whole foods form the basis of their diets.
And yet, strangely enough the majority of people don’t even know what that means. We have been so well trained by the big food companies, we have lost sight of what real food consists of! In fact, I didn’t even know what it meant until a few years ago.
So these days I do my absolute best to source and maximize the amount of wholefoods I use in every recipe and meal I create. I don’t always succeed, and sometimes I’m not willing to compromise the recipe for the principle, but I’m always moving in that direction.
The Easiest Raw Vegan Fudge Recipe In The World
So, with all that out of the way…. Lets get into this super simple raw vegan fudge recipe.
As an extra added bonus, this raw fudge was literally made in about 5 minutes from start to finish, making it an excellent choice for people on the go, ( which these days seems to be almost everyone)
- 1 Cup of nut butter ( I make my own using organic raw almonds)
- 1/2 Cup of carob or cocoa powder- add 3/4 cup for super chocolatey taste bud blitz
- 1 Cup of organic coconut oil ( melted gently on stove top, or inside of pot of boiling water in a glass jar)
- 1 Tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ Tsp sea salt ( Celtic salt gives a lovely flavor)
- 1 Cup of finely ground or chopped organic raw walnuts, macadamia, pistachio, Brazil or almonds
Process the nut butter, or purchase it ready made if desired. Next add melted coconut oil, then ground or chopped nuts, carob / cocoa powder, sea salt and vanilla extract.
Remove from processor and transfer to a bowl, fold in the nut mixture.
Pour into a 4″ x 8″ inch glass or metal square container lined with baking paper and put in freezer to harden. When hardened take out and cut into squares. Keeps best in the fridge, if it lasts that long…
- Try adding peppermint extract instead of vanilla
- Add 1/2 cup of cocoa nibs for extra crunch
- 1/4 Cup Maple syrup- add only 3/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 Cup of finely chopped dates instead of nuts
- Leave out nuts entirely for a smooth creamier like fudge.
I hope you enjoy these raw snacks as much as our family does. It will sure to be a family favorite on your sweets table!