Tempt your taste buds with this healthy, organic salsa recipe, using organic ingredients found right in your backyard garden. Assuring you and your family that you are getting the healthiest choice when it comes to homemade salsa.
- 3 1/2 quart heaping basket of tomatoes
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 4 jalapeno peppers ( use gloves and caution while using) can severely burn your skin)
- 1 can green chilies
- ¼ cup raw brown sugar
- I large bunch of cilantro
- 5 ½ oz can of tomato paste
- ¾ cup of white vinegar
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup of celery chopped
- 2 red peppers,two green peppers chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of pickling spice
- Pour boiling water over the tomatoes to help to remove the peel, soaking them in hot water for a period of time, will ensure you to have the peels slip off quite easily. Also diced and chop the vegetables up put in a large pot add the spices and vinegar, and let simmer till thick about 3 hours.
In the meantime put jars in hot oven and boil lids in boiling water in a pot on the stove, when jars are sterilized, remove from the oven and pour hot salsa in each jar, and secure with a lid.Enjoy!Recommended Articles