Try these mouth watering vegetarian stuffed peppers. Best made when peppers are fresh from your backyard garden. Using good quality organic ingredients ensures the best taste available.
You can make this super easy main dish and freeze it for later use. Or just whip up a batch today and indulge your taste buds today!
This wonderful recipe was inspired by our friend Katy who is an awesome cook!
- 4 large red, orange, or yellow peppers
- 1 cup of fresh corn off the cob
- 1 cup of grated cheese ( use vegan if following a vegan diet)
- 2-3 tbsp of chili powder ( or more may be needed depending on your liking) do a taste test
- 1 cup of TVP ( textured vegetable protein)
- Caramelized onions and garlic as much as you like
Drained stewed tomatoes or fresh diced tomatoes
Cut peppers in half and de-seed them and wash well, set aside.
Next fry onions and garlic in olive oil in frying pan or wok, when caramelized, add TVP and enough water to soak it in ( about 1/4 cup or less) not to runny though.
Add fresh corn off the cob to mixture, then add tomatoes. When mixture is heated through take off the stove top and lay your peppers in a casserole dish.Stuff peppers with your mixture above. Sprinkle generously with grated cheese.Heat in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!