Here is my list of gluten free foods for you to help you on your journey to health and wellness. When dealing with symptoms from gluten allergies it can be very difficult to know what foods to cut out of your diet and what foods you can actually have when choosing gluten free foods.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
Spices And Herbs
- All fresh and dried herbs and spices
Fats And Oils
- Olive oil, vegetable oil, coconut oil, canola oil, shortenings and mayonnaise. However not all salad dressings are free of gluten
Nuts And Beans
- All dried nuts and beans. Peanut butter, cashew butter and almond butter
- Coffee, teas, herbal teas, fruit juices. However alcoholic beverages often contain gluten especially beer and rye. You must read all the labels carefully
- Click here for the different Gluten Free Flour Mixs cornmeal, tapioca, baking soda, gluten free baking powder, cocoa and baking chocolate
- Gluten free cereals, eggs, puffed rice, cream of rice cereal, gluten free pancakes and waffles
- Relish, salsa, horseradish, jams, jellies, honey, syrup ( fresh only), ketchup, olives, some mustard’s, vinegars, ( but not malt vinegar)
Grains And Seeds
- Cornstarch, flax seed, sunflower seeds, quinoa, rice, and buckwheat
Meats And Fish
- All meat and fishes except check labels on processed meats such as hot dogs and luncheon meats
- Popcorn, rice cakes and crackers, dried fruits, corn chips, tortilla chips, and some potatoes chips ( certain kinds contain gluten)
Pastas And Canned Fruits
- Gluten free rice pastas, canned beans, canned fish, canned vegetables, some canned fruits, spaghetti sauces, and apple sauce
- Frozen fruits, frozen vegetables, sherberts, some ice creams ( but again some of the brands contain gluten)
- Half and half cream, cream cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, butter, margarine, whipping cream, aged cheeses, and tofu
Although I may not have covered All foods containing gluten to watch out for. I have learned from experience you have to become your own detective and read all the food labels when making purchases and ask lots of questions when eating out.
The important thing when considering your list of gluten free foods is to check all processed foods for sure as they usually contain hidden ingredients containing gluten, and read read read!
Ingredients such as malt vinegars, mustard’s, soya sauces, salad dressings, and potato chips often contain gluten.
So here’s to a gluten free journey to your health!